After a Workers’ Compensation claim has been established, the injured worker will receive a Workers’ Compensation packet containing information relative to your claim. Please read all information carefully. You are responsible for the information within this packet.

The packet includes the following attachments:

Depending on the nature of your injury, you may be contacted by our Certified Medical Case Manager (RN) or by an outside nurse, whose job is to clarify your medical status and answer any questions you have relative to your treatment.

If you are losing time from work as a result of your Workers’ Compensation injury, it will be necessary for you to provide medical documentation from a doctor authorized to render treatment by the Workers’ Compensation Board. It is not our responsibility to obtain that for you. You must inform the treating physician or medical clinic that you are being treated for a Workers’ Compensation claim and identify FCS Administrators as the claims administrator on your case.

Any reports submitted to FCS must contain:

  • Your date of injury
  • A description of how you were injured
  • A diagnosis
  • A disability status

Please do not pay for any medical treatment. However, if you do happen to pay for any medical services or prescriptions out of pocket, you must produce a receipt for reimbursement.

For mileage reimbursements please click here.

Your treating physician must submit all bills directly to FCS Administrators. Our address is located at the bottom of our homepage.

Treatment and diagnostic testing must be consistent with the Workers’ Compensation Board Medical Treatment Guidelines.

All x-ray examinations, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) or other radiological examinations should be performed by one of the facilities indicated within this packet. Any treatment performed at a location outside of the network that FCS Administrators has indicated may be denied. There are only two exceptions to this. If you have a medical emergency that requires one of the above treatments and you are not at one of the designated facilities. Second, if there is not a facility within a reasonable distance from either your permanent residence or place of employment. If this is your situation please contact our office immediately to make other arrangements.

It is FCS’s policy that an injured party must produce updated medical treatment reports as necessary from your treating physician in order to continue medical and pharmaceutical treatment. You may be sent a prescription card from one of our pharmacy benefit managers, (PBM). This can be used at any pharmacy. If you do not automatically receive a card and would like to obtain one, please contact your FCS claims examiner for details.

Should you call the office of FCS Administrators (716-631-5001) or toll free (1-800-869-6990) and receive voicemail, please leave a clear message including your name, your employer’s name, your phone number, and reason for calling. If you return to work for a different employer or have a second job from which you are not losing time, you must notify us immediately. A message in voice mail is sufficient.

Click here for the State of New York Workers’ Compensation Board’s website for additional information.